Lately, there’s been a lot on the news about the royals. The remaining single prince is now engaged, and everyone is talking about it on the news. A royal is something really foreign to most people. When I think of “King” or “Queen”, I often think of the evil queens or the kings in Disney movies. They often are portrayed as power-hungry, and just overall selfish.
Our King is not selfish. In fact, He is the exact opposite. He is giving; he is sacrificial. He is loving and kind.
“For God is the King of all the earth;
sing to him a psalm of praise.” – Psalm 47:7
“for dominion belongs to the Lord
and he rules over the nations.” – Psalm 22:28
“The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.” – Zech. 14:9
“The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:
‘The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.’ ” – Rev. 11:15
Today, I would encourage you to think and pray through:
- What does a King look like to you? Are there certain characteristics that a King must have?
- How is Jesus King and Lord in your life?
- Spend some time praising God for all the ways He is King in your life.
Have more time? Want to go deeper?
- Spend some time read the verses around the verses above. What do they tell you about God? Is there anything new that was revealed to you?
- Apply the verses to your life. How are the applicable today?